Friday 8 December 2017

Presentations

Thursday was a good day, I went to school with Siv where an English teacher asked if i might come into her class on Friday to talk to the class about my home country and to answer some questions from her class. after school Freja and I headed to Frederickssund shops to find a Birthday gift for her mum as it would be her birthday on Friday. We also stopped at their version of a dollar store to look around and I got some oreo's that had odd flavours like peanut butter, strawberry and choc brownie. I also got some soaps as I had run out of the ones I brought with me. Freja and I then caught the bus home where we started to do the Christmas decorations we made a little town sort thing and hung some decorations from ceiling hooks before going to bed.

Our little Snowy Town


Friday
Today was Pia's Birthday, we woke her up by singing danish happy birthday with their national flag, then ate breakfast together. Then it was off to school for Siv and I. Today we would be having a whole day of English class, so finally a day I might understand. Every Friday they have a whole day of one of their subjects. At 9:30 I went into the class next door to answer their questions and tell them a bit about where I was from. I gave them a taste of Vegemite, with some of them running out the door for water, there were a few who liked the taste, one of the boys described it as tasting like very salty prawns and others said it was too bitter for them, if only they knew how much we have on our bread. The class had a ball when they asked me to repeat a danish word for one of their desserts, which I totally failed in repeating.after a short break I ended up doing a very similar presentation with Siv's class. To finish off the day of English we watched the move 'Australia'. Then it was back to the house for dinner and bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

London Week

Arrival Day After a final goodbye to our host families, it was time to head through security and board. A two hour flight later, we were f...